What is a roof sandwich panel?
If you don’t know what a sandwich panel is, we recommend that you first refer to the sandwich panel article in the Asia Panel articles section. As the name suggests, the roof sandwich panel is a panel that is specially designed for the roof of buildings. In this article, we will fully describe the roof sandwich panel.
Roof sandwich panel is a type of building panel that is used to cover the roof of all kinds of buildings and prevent snow, rain and sunlight. These panels consist of two metal layers, between which there is a layer of insulating material. Insulation materials are usually made of polyurethane foam, polystyrene, rock wool or xps. Roof sandwich panel, like wall sandwich panel, is one of the main types of sandwich panel. Since the materials used in the roof sandwich panel structure are the same as the wall sandwich panel; The roof panel also has common features and properties with the wall panel.
For example, the roof sandwich panel is also resistant to thermal, moisture and sound exchanges and reduces the spread of fire during a fire. Care must be taken in choosing the type of foam. All types of foams used in sandwich panels are not fire resistant. Consult Asia Panel experts before buying. Roof panels are very light and easy to transport and install. Roof sandwich panels are generally used in the construction of residential, commercial and industrial buildings.
Advantages of using roof sandwich panels
- Long life: The sandwich panel roof is made of high-quality materials that have a long life compared to traditional building materials and require less maintenance.
- Thermal insulation: Roof sandwich panels have very strong thermal insulation, which reduces energy consumption and thermal costs.
- Speed in execution: Installation of sandwich panel roof is much faster and simpler than conventional construction methods, and as a result, construction time and costs are reduced.
- Recyclability: The roof sandwich panel can be recycled and reused, which makes it a sustainable product. This means that foam and sandwich panel sheets can be returned to the production and consumption cycle.
- Beautiful and different design: Structures built using roof sandwich panels have a different appearance compared to other structures. Roof sandwich panels in different designs and colors create a beautiful, modern and very attractive appearance for structures.
- Fire resistance: Preventing the spread of fire is one of the features and properties of sandwich panels, which varies depending on the type of foam used in the sandwich panel.
- Earthquake resistance: due to the lightness of the structure of the roof sandwich panel, as well as its ability to withstand pressure and earthquakes, it has a high resistance to earthquakes, and if the materials fall due to the light weight, it leaves less damage than traditional building materials.
Installation of roof sandwich panels
Installation of roof sandwich panel is easy due to its light weight and design. But for correct and professional implementation, you need to follow some tips. Next, we will explain how to install the roof sandwich panel:
- Determining the location of the screws: Before starting to install the roof sandwich panel, determine the location of the screws carefully. For this, use the equipment related to the screw system.
- Installation of the frame: Before installing the roof panels, according to the type of use of the structure, a substructure must be done using metal beams and z-profile, or purlin.
- Panel cutting: After the frames are installed, the panels are cut to size to match the size of the roof.
- Installation of panels: After cutting, the panels are installed by means of metal screws. The screws must be installed with regular intervals and following safety principles.
- Overlap: At the junction of the panels, an overlap is necessary to prevent the penetration of weather into the building.
Finally, it should be noted that for the installation of roof and wall sandwich panels, you must get the help of a professional and expert team in this field, because if a problem occurs during the installation of the panels and the panels are damaged, you will have to pay a separate fee for replacing the panels. This will definitely not be economical for you.
The lifespan of the roof sandwich panel
The useful life of the roof sandwich panel depends on various factors such as the quality of raw materials, installation conditions, maintenance conditions, use and type of building. If used in the right conditions, the roof sandwich panel usually has a useful life of more than 20 years.
Application of roof sandwich panel
Roof sandwich panels are used as roofs in industrial, commercial and office buildings. Due to the features of thermal insulation, sound insulation, moisture resistance and other biological factors, sandwich roof panels can help to optimize energy consumption and increase building efficiency. Also, the installation and use of roof sandwich panels are used for the construction of temporary buildings as well as exhibition halls and large events.
Determining the size of the roof sandwich panel
To determine the required size of the sandwich panel, you must first measure the dimensions of the roof. Then pay attention to the technical features of the sandwich panel you have chosen. Finally, you can use the tables and instructions of reliable sandwich panel roof suppliers to determine the area of the sandwich panel roof you need. Of course, to ensure the correctness of the calculations, it is better to consult the experts and specialists of Asia Panel.
Flashing in the roof sandwich panel
Flashing in the roof sandwich panel refers to sealing the parts of the roof sandwich panel and creating a connection between them. In general, flashing refers to a number of pieces, usually with different sections, made of steel, which are used to connect and overlap sandwich panel parts. Flashing sheet may be horizontal or vertical and is used at all intersection points of two sandwich panels. In the roof of structures, Taj flashing is used to cover the ridge of sandwich roof panels, and sub-taj flashing is used to cover the hollow line or the bottom line of roof panels. By using flashings, it is correctly and reliably prevented from infiltration of water and entry of wind into the structure.
Types of roof sandwich panel foam
Roof sandwich panel foam is produced in four types of polyurethane foam, polystyrene, stone wool foam and XPS foam. Of course, polyurethane foam itself is divided into two types: PIR (refractory) polyurethane foam and PUR (flammable) polyurethane foam. Each type of these foams has a special feature that is suitable for a type of use. For example, stone wool foam is very suitable for military centers or CHP structures where there is a high possibility of fire, also polyurethane and XPS foam is one of the most widely used foams in the construction of clean rooms and cold storages because it has the highest resistance to moisture. has it.
Polyurethane foam (PU) is known as one type of roof sandwich panel foam. This type of foam has high thermal insulation properties and light weight. Polyisocyanurate foam (PIR) is an advanced type of foam suitable for high fire resistance applications in the building industry. This foam has very high thermal and sound insulation properties, a lower thermal conductivity coefficient and a longer lifespan than PU foam.
Price of roof sandwich panel
The price of roof sandwich panel depends on the type of sandwich panel, dimensions, thickness, quality of materials used and also market conditions. In the end, to know the exact price of the roof sandwich panel, you should contact the suppliers and manufacturers of the product and explain to them the details you need. Asia Panel experts are ready to provide services and answer your questions.