What is polyurethane sandwich panel
Polyurethane sandwich panel (Polyurethane Panel) is a type of sandwich panel that is made of two layers of metal (galvanized, aluzinc and aluminum) with a layer of polyurethane foam. This type of panel is very popular due to its high thermal insulation properties, fire resistance and high strength. The outer coating of this panel can be colored or non-colored and it can be used in the construction of separating walls, roofs, doors and building covers. The thickness of polyurethane panels is usually between 40 and 200 mm and can be different according to the application and the need of the structure.
Polyurethane sandwich panel, like other types of sandwich panels, is produced in two types: wall sandwich panel and roof sandwich panel.
Types of polyurethane foam
Polyurethane foam used inside the sandwich panel can have different types, generally polyurethane foam is classified into three categories.
- Polyurethane foam B1
- Polyurethane foam B 2
- Polyurethane foam B3
.In all polyurethane sandwich panel models, we see insulation against heat and cold air, but the amount of this feature can be low or high
For example, we can compare these three types of polyurethane foam used in sandwich panels, B1 polyurethane foam does not have much resistance to fire and it catches fire quickly when a torch is inserted. The flammability of type B1 polyurethane is much less than XPS foam.
But in B2 type of polyurethane foam, fire is formed more slowly. If we bring a fire or fire torch close to B2 polyurethane foam, the foam will catch fire, but as soon as the fire is moved away from it, the foam will be extinguished and will not burn further. Stands.
In type B3, when the flame is placed on the foam, nothing happens and the foam remains stable in its normal state and has a resistance of up to 30 minutes.
Application of polyurethane foam
Polyurethane sandwich panel is used in various industries due to its thermal insulation properties, lightness, resistance, cost-effectiveness and easy implementation. Some applications of this type of sandwich panel include:
- Building construction: It is used in buildings that require thermal and sound insulation, such as sports halls, warehouses, workshops, sheds, industrial and commercial buildings, offices and government buildings. Construction of cold room and clean room is one of the main applications of polyurethane sandwich panel, which is often known as clean room sandwich panel and cold room sandwich panel.
- Automotive: In the construction of the car body, the roof, door and floor of the car are used in order to prevent the transfer of heat and sound and to reduce weight.
- Construction of marine vehicles: It is used in the construction of ships, boats and jet skis to reduce weight and increase their useful life.
- Electronic and electrical industries: It is used in the manufacture of electronic and electrical equipment for thermal and electrical insulation and weight reduction.
- Making all kinds of packaging: It is used in making packaging for food, medicine and other industries in order to prevent changes in temperature and protect products.
The difference between polyurethane sandwich panel and XPS sandwich panel
Polyurethane sandwich panel and XPS sandwich panel are both foam-like materials and have outer layers of sheet metal, mainly aluzinc or galvanized, but there are minor differences. Some of the differences between these two types of sandwich panels are: From:
- Thermal resistance: Polyurethane sandwich panel can have relatively good resistance to high temperatures due to its polyurethane foam with very high insulation efficiency. But XPS sandwich panel has a lower insulation efficiency and is not suitable for high temperature resistance.
- Weight: Polyurethane sandwich panel has less weight due to its polyurethane foam, and therefore it is suitable for buildings that require less weight. On the other hand, XPS sandwich panel has a higher weight than polyurethane
- Cost: Polyurethane sandwich panel is more expensive compared to XPS sandwich panel due to its polyurethane foam.
The difference between polyurethane sandwich panel and stone wool sandwich panel
Polyurethane sandwich panel and stone wool sandwich panel are two different types of insulation that are used to insulate and build walls, ceilings and other parts of the building. These two types of panels differ from each other in various aspects, including the material, performance, price and application.
- Material: Polyurethane sandwich panel is made of polyurethane foam, while rock wool sandwich panel is made of glass fiber or rock wool.
- Performance: Due to its low thermal conductivity and thermal insulation, polyurethane sandwich panels are suitable for building parts of buildings that require temperature maintenance and thermal control. On the other hand, rock wool sandwich panel, due to its thermal and sound insulation properties, is suitable for building parts of buildings or structures that require normal thermal and sound insulation. In the type of polyurethane insulation foam, we see high resistance to fire and direct flame, but this insulation is less in the rock wool type.
- Compression rate: The compression rate (density) of sandwich panel polyurethane foam is higher than that of rock wool.
- Price: You have to pay more to buy stone wool sandwich panel. This issue is also related to the type of stone wool insulation production process, which has caused the price increase between stone wool and polyurethane.
- Application: Both types of sandwich panels are used in different buildings, but due to their different characteristics, they are suitable for different parts of buildings. For example, polyurethane sandwich panel is used to build parts of buildings and structures that need to maintain temperature and thermal control, such as isolation rooms and industrial sheds that have high temperatures.
However, stone wool insulation is used to build sheds or special structures that require sound insulation, for example, stone wool is used in the construction of conference rooms, shooting halls, and the construction of turbine sheds and airplane engines.
Polyurethane sandwich panel price
The price of polyurethane sandwich panels depends on various factors; It depends on the thickness of the foam and the type or thickness of the sheet used, the type of foam used B1 or B2 or B3, the dimensions and size of the panel, the type and size of the cover as well as the market conditions and all the things that can directly affect the price of the polyurethane sandwich panel. have an effect Therefore, it is better to contact Asia Panel‘s sales consultants to find out the exact price of polyurethane sandwich panels.